The World Won't Save Itself
Prophecies fail. Demons invade, living dungeons rip towards the surface, and the Empire's protectors falter. The great icons who shape the world arm for war.
So what's it going to be, heroes? Risk everything to forge your own epic history? Or grab the best loot and escape into the shadows?
13th Age is a d20-rolling fantasy game of battle, treasure, group storytelling, and heroic adventure.
- Your character's "one unique thing" ensures there's no one else like you.
- Alliances and enmities with icons such as the Archmage, Lich King, and Prince of Shadows give your character a place in the world's story, even at first level.
- Streamlined and flexible combat rules create fast-moving, free flowing battles.
- Character backgrounds let you invent the stories that shape your skills.
As a GM:
- Design monsters and adventures quickly.
- Surprise yourself and your players with plot hooks from characters' backgrounds and unique features.
- Improve any d20-rolling game with mechanics such as the escalation die and incremental advance.
13th Age: Forge heroes. Shape the world. Be legendary.
This is the RPG that Rob Hensoo (lead designer of 4th edition D&D®) and Jonathan Tweet (lead designer of 3rd edition D&D®, Over the Edge and Everway) play at their own tables.
Icon relationships and One Unique Things offer exciting storytelling possibilities
Backgrounds provide a simple, flexible skill system drawn from characters’ personal histories
Escalation dice enable fun, fast-moving d20 combat.
Owlbears will rip PCs' limbs off to feed their young.