The 74-guns Argonauta was a ship-of-the-line of the Spanish Armada that had previously served in the French Navy under the name Argonaute and participated to the battle of Trafalgar. She was transferred to the Spanish fleet in 1806 in exchange for the Vencedor. After a short career, it was used as prison ship in Cádiz during the French siege of the city. On 26th of May, French prisoners broke their mooring lines and ship went adrift and wrecked. In order to prevent the French from using it, British and Spanish sent gunners boats to set fire to the ship: Argonauta was destroyed by flames and sunk on 29th of May 1810. This ship pack can also be used to represent the Spanish Téméraire Class ship-of-the-line “Heroe 1808”.
The Téméraire Class ships of the line was and remains the most numerous class of capital ships ever built, with 67 built between 1782 and 1824 for the French navy. These third-rate, 74-guns ships had a designed crew of 700. They were armed with 28 36-Pounder guns in the lower deck, 30 18-Pounder guns in the upperdeck, and 16 8-Pounder guns in the quarterdeck and in the forecastle.