The Nepomuceno Class of the Spanish Navy included ships of the line with 74 cannons and a designed crew of about 530. They were armed with 28 24–Pounder guns in the lower deck, 30 18–Pounder guns in the upperdeck, 8 12–Pounder guns in the quarterdeck, and 8 8–Pounder guns in the forecastle.
The San Agustín was a 74–gun ship of the line built at the royal shipyard in Guarnizo (Santander) in 1768 by Francisco Gautier. After fighting during the American War of Independence and in the Battle of Cape St. Vincent (1780), she took part of the Napoleonic wars, where she fought at the Battle of Algeciras in 1801 and the Battle of Trafalgar in 1805. In Trafalgar, under the command of Felipe Jado and Cagigal with 711 men aboard, she was surrounded by several ships of Nelson’s squadron. They fought for hours, but after the third approach, she was after being dismasted and with 180 dead and 200 wounded, the British offered terms to surrender. The ship was burned on October 29.
This ship pack can also be used to represent the Spanish 74-gun ship-of-the-line class “Bahama 1780.”