Welcome to the Fate Freeport Companion! For over a decade, Freeport has stood as one of fantasy gaming’s most distinctive cities. Home to pirates, foul cults, terrifying monsters, vicious gangs, crime lords, and a whole host of corrupt politicians, Freeport is a dynamic setting, offering a unique blend of high adventure and cosmic horror. Inside these packed covers, you’ll find:
- Rules design by noted Fate Core authorities Brian Engard and Clark Valentine.
- A new skill system for Fate Core that utilizes six base skills: Strength, Dexterity, Constitution, Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma.
- A brand-new magic system that melds classic fantasy RPG flavor with Fate Core rules.
- An all-new insanity and madness system to evoke the popular Lovecraftian overtones of the City of Adventure.
- Rules for using weapons, armor, magic items, and even firearms!
- Fate Core stats for Freeport monsters, including the freakish blemmyae and the dreaded burnlings.
- Details on the core races and how they fit in the city, as well as rules for implementing player character race in Fate.
- Statistics for over 75 heroic allies and and terrible villains described in The Pirate’s Guide to Freeport.
- Fury in Freeport: A new adventure to help you launch a brand-new Freeport campaign!
The Fate Freeport Companion is your rules guide to exploring Green Ronin Publishing’s Freeport, whether as a daring hero looking for adventure, or as a Gamemaster seeking new worlds to explore, this sourcebook is an indispensable accessory for fans of both Freeport and the Fate Core System!
The Fate Freeport Companion is your mechanics supplement for using the Pirate's Guide to Freeport with the Fate Core System. So to maximize this sourcebook's utility, you'll probably want to have a few other books. For setting information, the Pirate's Guide to Freeport is ideal since it not only updates the Freeport setting, but it provides extensive detail about the city, people, environs, and much more. If you already have the original Freeport: The City of Adventure (2003) and other Freeport sourcebooks, those can help too, but be aware that some of the characters and information in this book reference events that have occurred after the Succession Crisis, which hasn't yet been concluded in the older sourcebooks.
For rules, this Companion works with Fate Core, so you'll need a set of those rules. Other Fate rulebooks, such as the Fate System Toolkit, are useful but not necessary for play.